For the second time in a row, Dr Fong couldn't get a good look at our baby because it was moving about too much. I didn't realize how eager I was to find out the sex of the baby till that point. Even Peimin came along because she wanted to find out. Almost everyone has told me that they believe it to be a boy. Dr Fong made a very hesitant guess--a girl. Sigh....so now it's 50-50.
I'll have to wait till I do a through scan at Thomson medical on 29th Nov. Then I'm scheduled to see Dr Fong again right before we leave.
I'm feeling a lot better now. After I fixed sponge grips to the arms of my new specs, my headaches are diminishing. I still get them in the morning though. Must be dehydration. My appetite is improving. Unfortunately, I have to eat a LOT of starch in order to keep my energy level constant. Things with too much sugar are a no-no so fruit, nuts, rice and noodles are a must. According to some colleagues who've just had babies, the 2nd trimester, when you're supposed to feel glowy and lovely, can start as late as the 5th month. I'm at the 17th week now so this is the start of the 5th month. I do have a little more energy and my naps are not as long as they used to be.
My bump is seriously obvious now. It was quite unnoticable right till the 15th week and now it's suddenly inflated. I can no longer see my toes when I look straight down. When I spill something which I think will fall to the ground, I actually stain my shirt instead. My colleagues all give way to me, let me cut queue and spend time telling me all sorts of things that I shouldn't be doing.
Had quite a traumatic experience on the way to work on Thursday. We ate breakfast at Macs. It was perhaps the 2nd day that I'd noticed my appetite was getting better. It was raining and it was getting late so I didn't eat at a snail's pace like I usually do. Anyway, it may have been the bumpy car ride or the fact that I was drinking water in the car just as air was trying to escape out. Before I knew it, I have puked into a napkin I was holding. Kelvin had to stop at the side of the road so that I could expel my entire Big Breakfast. I was quite upset because (a) it takes a lot of effort to eat these days and (b) I didn't want the car to smell of vomit. Sigh. We had to return home so that I could soak my sweater and shirt which was stained. Kelvin had to call work to say that he'd be late. I managed the entire 1st trimester without puking and then this happens. Don't know why it was such a big deal but it just was.
1 comment:
re: puking, it seems from what i've heard/read that during pregnancy, the woman's body is very sensitive to stuff that is likely to be bad for the kid.
so it seems, you puking after McD's is nicely explained by this idea. Of course, it could be a coincidence, but following that idea, perhaps the breakfast was a tad too oily?
Post a Comment