It's been over a month since we went to Japan. Kelvin enjoyed himself immensely. Unfortunately, it's too much work right now to upload everything onto the blog and this is supposed to be about the baby anyway.

5+ months pregnant and travelling on foot, bus, train and ferry wasn't easy. It was more the psychological worry though rather than the physical strain. I wasn't as big as I am now. I was just getting over the severe headache and morning sickness of the the previous month. So I ate a lot of Ramen and managed to put on over 2 kilos. Luckily, now that I'm back at work, I've slowed down in the weight gain department. The doctor says I should put on too much weight. Between 1 to 2 kg is a good pace.
Anyway, here I am at about 21 weeks, just past the 5 month mark. This day wasn't as cold as some. The sun was out so I could do without the jacket. 
I managed to climb all the way up to the top with my bump. Kelvin was so afraid for me the entire time because all the stairs were really slippery and steep. Kelvin was wonderful. He took really good care of me the entire time. And, he navigated through the complicated subway systems of every city we went to. He was also really good with the Shinkansens. So travel wasn't a real problem. It wasn't even that cold except for when we were in Kyoto and when we went up into the Japanese alps.
This is us in Gion, Tyoko. I balanced the camera on a low wall and made Kelvin pose while I focused. This is at 5pm but it looks like night time already. I remember the time because we were there slightly before 5pm and they had cleared the street of cars so that people could stroll through the shopping district. When the clock struck 5, suddenly the people cleared and cars started coming toward us.
This shot was taken at the imperial palace in Tokyo. Kelvin and I each did one of these but Kelvin's photo came out better (taken by me of course).There are lots more photos. We did after all spend 3 weeks in Japan. Overall, it wasn't as expensive as we thought it would be. I kept a tight reign on the budget of course. Kelvin really likes Jap culture. We were impressed at how efficient everything was and how polite and orderly the people were. Next time, I'd like to go back and try the onsens.
At the moment, my bump is a lot bigger. I'm now at 28 weeks; about 7 months. I'm beginning to slow down. On saturday, we spent the whole day in Orchard. We went to the doctor's in the morning then we walked to Cineleisure for a MAC course. After that, it was shopping at Tangs. The next day, I could hardly move without feeling like I was going to burst open. So lesson learned, I can't walk around as much. My bump is heavier, I move more slowly now. My feet are swollen. My clothes are all getting tighter. Pretty soon, I'll only be able to wear dresses. However, I still refuse to wear maternity wear that resembles circus tents. I'd rather spend a little bit more money on stuff I won't be ashamed to wear after the delivery.
The baby's kicks are getting stronger. Sometimes it feels like she's banging away on my tummy like a drum. The other day while Kelvin was playing "Virtua Fighter" on his Xbox, she kicked me at two opposite ends like she was doing some flying kick punch combo. Sigh! I worry about how this child will turn out sometimes.
Starting to get really tired at work now. I think I need more rest. Generally, I've settled into the swing of things only to find myself slowing down yet again. I feel this urgency to get stuff done so I don't have to worry about it during my maternity leave. However, I'm getting more tired. I think I'll try to go home soon. Still at work at the moment.
2 comments:
Hi dear, get enough rest and eat lots of protein during your last few months of pregnancy. You won't be getting a lot of sleep during the first month after birth. Don't worry about the clothes. After the first month, you should lose all that water and return to almost normal size. During the last few months of pregnancy, you just want to feel comfortable because it's heavy carrying the baby and the extra fluid around.Love and Hugs , Mar.XXX
Hey, I'm getting bigger every week. Prob need to go buy more maternity wear. However, feel like it's such a waste coz I'll only wear for 1 to 2 more months.
Post a Comment