Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 3

Caitlin is 3 weeks old yesterday. We weighed her today with Kelvin stepping on the scale with her first and then without her. The difference was 11 pounds which means, she's now 5kg. No wonder it's getting harder to feed her. She's getting heavy. And I was worried that I wasn't feeding her enough on breast milk.

Oh yeah, still feeding about 12 times a day. I'm starting to lose interest in counting coz in the morning and early evening, it's about every hour for 45 mins which means that I'm feeding her constantly for about 3 hours twice a day. Luckily, I've been reading up online and all this behaviour is normal. That's conforting.

1 comment:

Mamalina said...

Yup.. yup.. when you breastfeed, you kinda feel a bit like a cow at the beginning =P

Don't worry about her weight.She's meant to grow bigger and rounder. When she starts crawling, the fats will turn into lean muscles =D