The maid went out with Kelvin's mother and the other maids tonight. They visited the Chinese gardens to look at the lantern festival. Hence, we were left to handle the baby ourselves.
Kelvin and decided to have a little outing of our own. Since, 1st September was Teacher's Day, the we get to ride the Singapore Flyer for free for the entire month. Kelvin and I went by ourselves yesterday to check it out. I asked and we get one free ride per day, even on weekends.
I feel so proud, our first outing with just Kelvin and I handling the baby alone. It wasn't too bad. She got a bit restless in the car so I breastfed her while waiting to get into the Singapore Flyer carpark. While we were 42 stories up in the air, she hungry again so I fed her while up there in the flyer pod. I must say, I felt so proud. It was a surreal experience--breastfeeding with a stunning view of the Singapore skyline at night. I think I deserve some kind of medal. Anyway, the point is that Kelvin and I worked as a team and we proved to ourselves that it IS possible to bring baby out and it's not too difficult.
The whole Flyer experience is definitely better at night. It felt really cosy in the pod. We pushed the pram into the pod as well so we had all our barang with us which was useful since Kelvin and I kept dropping baby's face towels. The skyline looked really spectacular because it was all lit up. The Flyer itself looked really cool; glowing in different colours.
On the way home, I fed Caitlin in the car until she nodded off to sleep. We got home past her night bath time but it was okay. I think we survived unscathed.
Above: A view of fullerton and the Esplanade. The "blazing white hot" areas around the Esplanade are the actual roads that are part of the race track. They were testing the lights for the F1 race.
Below: A view of Suntec city and more roads that form part of the F1 track.
1 comment:
He he he Good on you =D
It's fun to go out as a family. We don't bring the maid out when we go out and take care of Sean ourselves.
That way, if we ever travel overseas as a family, we are already used to doing things by ourselves.
Post a Comment