Feeding
She's on breast milk about 50% of the time now. I feed her when I return home at 5pm, another time at 7 or eight and after her bath again at 9pm. She then sleeps till about 3am when she wakes for another feed. At about 5am or 6am, I'll feed her again before going to work. During the day, she's taking 14 to 16 ounces of formula, one serving of rice cereal and a baby cracker now and then. She really enjoys the cracker. She likes holding her herself and licking it; then the sensation of "chewing" the mushy stuff with her gums. She's learned to hold the bottle by herself. So when the maid feeds her formula, she'll hold the bottle with both hands while she's feeding. If she's had enough she'll pull the teat out of her mouth. Caitlin's also learned to drink from a cup. When she sees Daddy and Mummy drinking anything, she'll stretch out her hand. If I'm not sick I'll let her have a sip of water from my glass. We started training her to drink water from a large spoon and then from a cup that has a spout attached. Therefore, she knows that juice and water comes from a cup rather than a bottle.
Physical Development
Caity can stand on our lap now. She even takes a few steps if we hold her upright. Recently I bought a toy that spins and travels round and round with music. She "walked" after it when it got stuck in a corner. She's gotten really good at rolling onto her stomach from her back. Recently, she's just learned to roll the other way. She's getting quite sophisticated with her hands too. She can pinch, reach, cup her hands, pick up toys from the floor and pass objects from one hand to the other. She enjoys peek-a-boo type games.
Social and Neurological Development
She is curious about everything and everyone. She'll laugh when strangers talk to her. Today when she was being examined by the PD, she smiled and coo-ed at the PD. We played with her during the jab and she didn't even feel it. She's become very confident and no longer becomes startled by loud noises. She's falling asleep at a regular time every night and can now sleep up to 6 hours at a stretch. She's starting to understand certain words (I think). She will look in the right direction when I ask her "where's daddy". She's observing every day objects that we use like the telephone and when she sees items that are familiar, she'll look at them like she knows what they're for.
3 comments:
Happy 6 months old Caitlin! =D
It has always been fascinating to read about (first) your pregnancy, and now Caitlin's development. But back then that was because it was fun to know about what's going on in a close friend's life. Now that I've one on the way, well, I really appreciate knowing what to expect, more or less!!
Marlina,
Thanks. Oh, if you're reading this page, you'll know that Serene is also pregnant. Finally. About 8 weeks I think.
Rene,
No prob. Marlina was a great source of encouragement and support and I'll do the same for you. It's a privilege to pass on the love. :)
Post a Comment