I knew it would happen sooner or later. The thing is I've been so careful that I was complacent. Last night Caitlin fell straight down off the edge of my bed. Luckily I put a pillow beside my bed as a manner of habit and it slowed down her fall. When she cried at about 2 in the morning, I lifted her to her spot on my bed and put her down. Then I laid down beside her and got ready. Before I could put my breast pad down on the pillow, I heard a "thud". My senses jolted awake and I broke out in a sweat. "Oh no! Oh no!" I kept saying which woke Vin up too. At first I couldn't find the baby since the pillow was still at the side of the bed and I didn't have my specs on. Then I caught sight of her legs and was so desperate to have her in my arms that it felt like I was taking too long having to "peel" her off the floor. By this time, she was screaming at the top of her lungs.
I must have been hilarious. I put her on the bed and proceeded to extend each limb like she was some kind of wooden puppet to make sure it nothing was dislocated. Then I flipped her over to examine the back of her head. Every time she squirmed or kicked, it made me feel a little bit better.
Sigh. Even after feeding her, I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours after. Vin had no such problem. He said the next day that once he saw that I was satisfied that she was okay, he went back to sleep.
1 comment:
Ouch. I hope Caitlin's ok, but I think she will be. =)
Post a Comment