Friday, April 24, 2009

Birthday pictures

Caity at the second party enjoying her walnut-less birthday cake. I'm so glad I made them both. Many babies only get to smell their first cake.

The second cake I made (above and below). This time I sensibly only made one cake tin and cut that in half. The sprinkles were also haphazzardly thrown on top.




I wanted to hire a professional photographer but Vin insisted on veto-ing the idea. He said he would take pictures of me instead.

This monster is two cake tins worth of carrot cake (this time I used a machine to grate 700g worth). Both cakes are cut into 2 so there are 4 layers of cream cheese in between. The "one" candle was bought by Aunty Djin again. Vin's idea to put the cup cake on top. I thought it was cheesy to do that but apparently, it turned out quite attractive.




My first ever carrot cupcake that I made for Caity. The sprinkles were bought by Aunty Djin and they actually come in many different colours all mixed up (below) but I arranged them purple-pink-orange-yellow-white. Yes, I admit it, I'm anal.

2 comments:

Mamalina said...

That's a great cake! I still haven't done Sean's cake myself. everyone else in this house don't like to eat cakes, including Sean. So if I make a cake, I'll have to eat it all on my own.

Sean's 2nd birthday cake was a small 1/2kg cake. But I think I'll make his cake this year since the birthday will be celebrated at 3 playgroups now, and more people to appreciate it =D

Jessica said...

wow, 3 playgroups? How come?