Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Window of opportunity

Caity has now started picking up words really fast. She will respond when we say something and repeat it over and over.
 
In 2 days, she's learned how to "kiss". Yesterday she was reading with Daddy and kissing every page. The day before she started kissing me when I asked her to. Of course she can't yet purse her lips so the kiss is a open mouth slobber.
 
I wonder when's the right time to bring her for classes. Initially we planned to do all of her developmental learning on our own--both teachers right--but now I wonder if we have the energy left over after work and tending to Caity's basic needs.
 
The new maid's not too bad. However, there are some things I take for granted which are totally alien to her. This morning she put the blender on the No. 2 setting thinking that "2" represented 2 minutes. Hence, she was waiting for the "timer" to run down. It makes sense right? the setting was represented on a dial and not on buttons. Luckily Vin came along caught her staring blankly at the blender. Sigh!

1 comment:

Mamalina said...

Wow! Looks like Caitlin is going to be an early speaker. That's good news. =D

Sean took the longest time to get his words out. Only now we're really seeing much progress.