Some updates:
Caitlin's been rather busy lately. More teeth are coming out so she's trying to bite everything and drooling over everything else. Sleepwise, she's down to 1 night feeding half of the time. If her gums feel really painful she'll wake. If not, she can and has slept through an 8 hour stretch. This means she can put herself back to sleep.
Caitlin's eating consistently 2 meals of solids a day. It ranges from 6 to 12 teaspoonfuls of porridge. If she's sleepy or not in the mood, she'll eat maybe 4 teaspoons. So far I've made her carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoe, peas, fresh corn, cauliflower and spinach steamed, strained and frozen back into ice cube trays. Then 2 kinds of veges are popped into the daily porridge of either fish or pork at my mum in law's place. Recently, I've started adding wolfberries. If I don't go over to my mum's I'll feed her the veges straight.
I've decided to stop pumping out my milk cuz it just takes too much time at work. I plan to cut down the breastfeeding to once in the evening, at night before bed time and once more in the morning before work. However, I've also decided not to rush the weaning process. I think when Caitlin's developmentally ready, she'll wean herself. So far, we pretty much follow her needs. If she wants more, she'll ask for it. Sometimes, she's just breastfeeding for comfort and will "nibble" rather than really drink her fill. Honestly, I remember fighting so hard to breastfeed her in the beginning; hating it at first. And now, I almost don't want to give it up. I can't believe that I've spent almost 9 months doing it so far.
Work will be tough. Every morning I feel so guilty leaving her for the office. Then at work, there's just so much to be done if I want to do it right. Well, being a stay-at-home mom is not really an option right now so I'll just take it year by year.
1 comment:
Caitlin is really a sweet girl. I think you're going about the weaning process quite well. As long as she's okay with formula while you're away, she can wean herself slowly.
I think you're a great mum and don't be too hard on yourself about having to go back to work. My situation is different. I don't have anyone I can truly trust to take care of Sean if I work full time.
Post a Comment